February 18th 2015… the day my life was forever changed. 2 days later I would…


February 18th 2015… the day my life was forever changed. 2 days later I would meet a person who would give me one of the greatest gifts I have ever received without speaking more than a handful of words; our NILMDTS volunteer photographer, Linda Ford. Respectful. Understanding . Professional. Our daughter Grace Ellyn was stillborn February 20th, and although I knew about NILMDTS I had no idea how healing that gift would be. I have beautiful, priceless, professional photographs of our daughter that I get to look at every day. In 2016, I attended the first NILMDTS Remembrance Walk in Georgia, and found that the support of NILMDTS went far beyond my precious pictures of Grace. The respect, elegance and support at this event was beyond comforting. Every person was there to honor and remember our babies. Every volunteer gave their time and respect, it was truly remarkable. From the butterfly release as babies names were read, to the opportunity to write an overdue note to Grace, to the picturesque reflective walk with every baby's name listed; it was an emotionally healing day. In 2017, I joined the walk committee, and to no surprise found the same respect, understanding and professionalism that Linda displaced at my first interaction with NILMDTS. It did not matter what their story was; personal loss, a friend or family member, or no loss. The volunteers throughout the organization are remarkable people. Every parent deserves the gift of NILMDTS photographs, but for those who did not have the chance NILMDTS continues to provide them with ways to honor and remember their precious child. I honor Grace through supporting this organization. It helps me heal by giving back and remembering her. She will forever be at the center of my cause. Thank you NILMDTS and every person that keeps this organization going. I cannot imagine life after Grace without you. Thank you to Ann for all that you do in honor of Grace and for all of our NILMDTS Remembrance Walk Volunteers for helping make our Walks a beautiful place for families to honor their babies! Share your baby's name if you participated in one of our Walks this year!



Source by nilmdtshq

The post February 18th 2015… the day my life was forever changed. 2 days later I would… appeared first on Thanks Giving Celebration.





from original site http://ift.tt/2hT16Ny
February 18th 2015… the day my life was forever changed. 2 days later I would… February 18th 2015… the day my life was forever changed. 2 days later I would… Reviewed by Unknown on November 24, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Ad3

Powered by Blogger.